Be honest. Are you at all surprised to see my cat dressed up as The Doctor? Didn’t think so.
STEP 1: MAKE THE FEZ
1. get a dixie cup and red felt // 2&3. glue one edge of the felt to the cup // 4. wrap the felt around the cup // 5. glue edge // 6. trim excess felt
1. put a small line of glue on the edge of the cup // 2. fold a small piece the felt over the edge of the cup // 3. continue around the entire edge // 4. glue & fold the edges over the bottom of the cup (top of the hat) // 5. cut a circle of felt to fit over the bottom of the cup // 6. glue circle to cup
1. poke a hole through the center of the bottom of the cup (top of the hat) // 2. thread a piece of embroidery thread or yarn through the hole and fray the edges
1. thread elastic through once side of the top of the cup (bottom of the hat) // 2. continue to thread through the other side of the cup // 3. knot both ends so the elastic wont come off; leave enough room for it to fit on the cat’s head securely, but comfortably
STEP 2: MAKE THE BOW TIE
1. Cut a long strip of red fabric, twice as long you want the bow to be // 2. glue/hem the long edges // 3&4. glue the ends together // 5. flip right side out // 6. put a dab of hot glue in the center of the seam
1. pinch the center of the fabric into the glue // 2. put a dot of glue near the outside center edge // 3. fold fabric over and glue in place // 4. repeat on other side // 5 cut a thinner strip of fabric and glue/hem the edges // 6. glue the center of the thin strip to the center of the bow // 7. wrap and glue one end; trim excess // 8. wrap and glue the other end; trim excess // 9. BOW!
STEP 3: GLUE BOW TO COLLAR
Now comes the hard part, getting it on the cat. Luckily Hugo was pretty cooperative as long as he could look out the window.
Isn’t he just the cutest! He’s totally ready to go explore all of time and space now.
And just in case you might be thinking that Hugo actually enjoyed wearing this… here’s a funny outtake from our photo shoot.
Don’t worry. I only made him wear it long enough for pictures. ;)