WHO ARE YOU?
My name is Kimberly. I'm a 23 year old aspiring graphic designer, certified crazy cat lady, and self proclaimed geek. I live in Southern Ohio with my husband and cat. By day, and a lot of times by night as well, I do freelance work designing wedding stationery and minimalist poster prints. When I'm not glued to my computer screen, I can be found reading sci-fi novels, making awesome home decor, and playing way too much Plants vs. Zombies.
WHAT ARE YOU INTO?
Star Wars will always be number one in my heart, followed very closely by Harry Potter, and I'll never stop wanting to marry Luke Skywalker. Fan Fiction and America's Next Top Model are my guilty pleasures. I have the world's biggest sweet tooth and the world's slowest motabolism, resulting in the need to run, lift weights, and do yoga. I am a sinner saved by God's grace struggling daily to live my life to the fullest for Him.
WHY DO YOU BLOG?
I grew up playing video games with my dad, watching Star Wars with my mom, and being girly with my sister. My favorite color was pink, but I didn't mind scraping up my knees and being caked in mud. I always had a balance between being girly and being geeky, but as I got older it became difficult fiding other girls with the same interests. If you were a gamer you coulnd't care about looking cute. If you loved science fiction you couldn't love fashion. It seemed like I always had to pick a side and only embrace half of who I was.
Then I discovered the world of blogging and found that there were others like me. I learned that being girly and being geeky didn't have to be a contridiction and I became more confident and accepting of myself and my interests. This blog became the gateway for expressing myself, contributing to the geek girl society, and hopefully encouraging others to love what they love regardless of any preconceived notions they or others may have.
WHERE DO I START?
- DIY: I'm by no means a master crafter, but I do enjoy making my own home decor items and accessories
- FANGIRL FASHIONS: I love discovering new geek themed clothing/accessories and sharing them here.
- CASUAL COSPLAY/OUTFIT INSPIRATION (CC/OI): Since I lack the budget to acquire "outfit post" worthy clothes, I live vicariously through Polyvore, putting together outfits based on movies, books, video games, etc.
- FREE PRINTABLES/WALLPAPER DOWNLOADS
- BITS OF HOME: We move around a lot, so I always seem to be decorating...
- FRIDAY FAVORITES: Let me show you some awesome stuff I found around the interwebs!
- THE EVERYDAY: Tid bits from my everyday life.
Thanks for taking the time to learn about me and this blog. I truly do appreciate it and hope you'll stick around. :)